SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT
The Importance of Social Media management for Business
We Consult is a Social Media Management agency in Ontario, California that offers affordable marketing solutions.
In recent years, businesses are heading to social media in order to attract more customers and… it’s working! That shouldn’t be surprising, given the increasing number of people joining the various social media sites. The boom in the use of social media is predicted to continue rising more in the years to come.
No business should be left behind in leveraging the use of social media to reach potential customers. However, social media shouldn’t be approached as a fad but as the best option when it comes to meeting the customers where they are. People aren’t just hanging around the popular social media sites. They are using them to connect closely with their favorite brands.
But why should you do business on social media? It is s goods way of generating business and connecting with customers and serving them better. Social media makes it easy for you to carry out your digital marketing campaigns.
Recent statistics suggest that 71 percent of consumers who have a positive experience with a brand on social media are likely to recommend it. Not just that. In 2019, there were 3.2 billion social media users in the world or 42 percent of the global population at that time. Of these, 48.2 percent were Baby Boomers, 77.5 percent Generation X, and 90.4 percent Millennials.
Interestingly, the average social media user spends 2 hours and 22 minutes on average on one or more accounts every day. 73 percent of online marketers say social media is an effective way of reaching out to potential customers.
The number of social media platforms is on the rise. However, the most popular remains Google, Yelp, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. We discuss each of these platforms in greater detail below.
When it comes to business, Google+ is arguably the most important social media platform. Despite being the least understood, this social media platform has the ability to take your business to the next level. Whether you are a business owner or marketer, the time to embrace Google+ is now. If you are working on a content-focused SEO strategy, you need to embrace Google+ as well as Google Authorship.
Apart from serving as a social networking website, Google+ is integrated with the rest of the Google stable. Thus, it plays an important role in putting out the business to potential customers. The following are some of the ways Google is important for a business.
- Google+ listings which help to increase visibility in both mobile and local search. Potential customers can call you and get directions to the business via Google Maps. They can also visit your verified business website. It is also easy to find your YouTube videos and photos. Thus, Google+ is great when it comes to improving your local SEO efforts.
- Google+ Circles can be used to create small groups of people to whom you are connected. In the circles, you can exclusively share updates and content. Circles may include groups of people such as influencers, affiliates, business partners, customers or friends. Thus, you will be able to send more targeted updates.
- Google+ communities are great when it comes to rallying people in a group towards a cause, topic or idea. Because of the communities, Google+ is the go-to platform, for people who want to start the day on a good note. Here, it is possible to connect and interact with like-minded people. You will also connect with advocates who are passionate about your cause or products. Communities can be created around a topic or passion of interest such as a movie franchise or football club. A good example is a Google+ community based on the movie Star Wars, which has at least 4 million followers and growing!
- Through Google+ collections, it is possible to group blog posts in terms of topics. Before you share content on Google+, you will first have to categorize it. The posts in collections appear in the Home stream of followers. Thus, Google+ Collections provide you with a great way to share updates to your blog. But the collections can be used for much more than content. They can also be created for your product photos or campaigns. Through Google+ collections, it is becoming increasingly easy to share content on mobile devices.
- Google+ Hangouts is a tool that makes it easier to engage with your followers. Business people can use Hangouts to authentically and intimately connect with audiences. Hangouts are great when it comes to promoting conversation, webinars, Q&A sessions or product launches. It is one of the best platforms when it comes to growing and engaging with audiences on social media.
- Google Photos is another great feature that comes with Google+. You can use it to store an unlimited number of photos and videos on the cloud. It provides apps for use on iOS, Android, and Windows. In addition to storing your photos, it categorizes them in terms of things, places, and people.
Through all of the features provided by Google+, you will be able to effectively interact with audiences and to build relationships that benefit your business!
The following are some of the reasons for the growing importance of Google+ to businesses.
- It improves the possibility of ranking highly in search results on Google. That’s because any blog content shared on Google+ is indexed quickly for improved SEO ranking.
- Ability to monitor what people are saying about your business. You can follow up on people’s opinions about your business on a real-time basis. Then, you can respond to the alerts depending on whether they are positive or negative.
- Google+ is a great platform on which you can easily create appealing content. It has several tools through which you can reach your target audiences.
“businesses are heading to social media in order to attract more customers and… it’s working!”
Unlike other social media platforms that only boast of connecting businesses with their customers, Yelp is the number one consumer review website. For that reason, it tends to rank highly in search results on Google. In fact, proven tests have shown that Yelp always ranks in the top 5 results.
But what’s the reason for that? Yelp ranks highly as a result of its use of natural language URLs for the review sites. It also has a high volume of comments and reviews, compared to the other sites. That’s in addition to being pleasant to the eye and easy to use. The following are the reasons Yelp is important for your business.
- Enables you to update details about your business including your history and specialties. This will enable people to have a better understanding of what they do.
- Setting up special announcements and promotions, which will appear at the very top of your personal profile.
- Receiving review alerts based on the locations you have claimed for your business on Yelp. This will be delivered directly into your email inbox.
- Sending out messages to reviewers by publicly or privately replying to them. Reviewers are likely to appreciate all the personal replies sent out to them by you. That way, you will be able to build a team of dedicated customers.
- Businesses that have claimed multiple locations are able to view all of them via a drop-down list. There that will know if they have any messages and reviews from customers.
Follow Us On
Social Media for Exclusive Content
Did you know that Facebook is one of the best social media sites for business? With over 2 billion users, Facebook can no longer be overlooked when it comes to connecting you to potential customers. If you haven’t started using it, time is now that you leveraged on this platform. The following are some of the ways Facebook is going to be beneficial to your business.
- Greater exposure to potential customers. With its membership running into billions of people, having a Facebook page can help you reach numerous potential customers.
- An increased number of leads. After meeting customers through your Facebook page, you should be able to attract them to your website. You may also gather email addresses and use them effectively as leads. It is also possible to reach your customers through newsletters, giveaways, and contests.
- Less marketing expenses. Opening a Facebook page is absolutely free of charge. You will only be asked to pay some money when you start running ads to boost posts, get people to like your page, and run sponsored stories. Even so, Facebook ads cost much less than those on TV, radio, and print media.
- Better targeting of audiences. By following up on “likes” to your page, you will be able to reach people who have already shown interest in the products you have to offer. In fact, local businesses can put out ads targeting people within a 10 to 15-mile radius.
- Easy-to-understand Facebook insights. You don’t have to be an expert to understand the information provided through Facebook insights. Some of the information you will get includes the number of page likes, reach of your page and posts, performance of the posts, and engagement provided by the page.
- Building brand loyalty. A business Facebook page may be used to sell products and increase your customer base. But that’s in addition to building brand loyalty. In order to retain your customer’s loyalty, you only need to provide them with valuable, entertaining content. That also means you ought to be active and responsive to attract customers to do more business with your company.
- Improved web traffic. One of the best ways to use your Facebook page is to improve traffic to your website. You need to go beyond getting reactions to your posts. Start by posting links to drive traffic to your website. With the full-width thumbnail images that come with link posts, you will be able to get more traffic.
- Boosting SEO efforts. Even when keyword searches for your website may rank lower than usual, your Facebook page stands a high chance of featuring among the top-ten search results. People who find you via the Facebook page can then be redirected to your website.
- Making your business mobile-ready. Facebook users tend to prefer accessing it via mobile devices. Thus, having a Facebook page can make it easier to find. Unlike a website, a Facebook page comes already optimized for mobile devices and desktops. Part of the information they will access includes your address, reviews, hours of operation, and phone number.
- Checking out what your competition is doing. Did you know that with a Facebook page you will be able to spy on your competitors? It is possible for you to see the kind of growth businesses in your niche and locality are using Facebook to grow.
Follow Us On
Social Media for Exclusive Content
Instagram was only launched in 2010 and has since then gained a substantial number of users. Currently, there are over 1 billion monthly Instagram users. Every day, over 500 million people use the platform. It is because of these statistics that more than 90 percent of the top 100 brands have an Instagram account. But what is it that businesses see in Instagram? Why should you consider using it for business? The following are some of the reasons for the importance of Instagram for business.
- Instagram is visual. Because of its use of images, Instagram makes it possible for marketers to reach potential customers in a more appealing way. Also, it removes the necessity of having to type a lot of content. Photos and videos are more appealing and can attract greater audiences.
- High engagement levels. Compared to other social media sites, the engagement levels on Instagram are much higher. You only need to check out the ratio of comments and likes compared to other social media platforms.
- High post visibility. Due to their highly visible nature, Instagram posts are more likely to receive high engagement levels. When your followers open their accounts, they will be able to see all the posts you have made. You may also use hashtags to reach greater audiences away from your followers. The posts on Instagram also stay forever.
- Connecting with audiences. Even though growing audiences on Instagram takes time, engaging with them one-on-one can help you to convert them into loyal customers and brand advocates. Due to the active and passionate nature, Instagram users will interact with you and spread the message about your brand.
- Connecting emotionally. One of the best things about photos and videos is that they immediately elicit emotional responses. A single post can lead to your audiences responding in an emotional way. So, it is possible to post images that elicit the right emotions from your audiences.
- Driving traffic to your website. Which business owner wouldn’t want to increase the traffic to his or her website? Like other social media platforms, Instagram is one of the best ways to do that. You may create hyperlinks, mention your website, and implement CTA or call to action in comments to your Instagram posts. Creating a link to a specific landing page in your Instagram bio is also another way to do it.
Follow Us On
Social Media for Exclusive Content
The main reason LinkedIn stands out is the way it helps people and businesses build professional connections. In this case, it is not enough to have a LinkedIn profile. The best way to approach it is by creating a company page on LinkedIn. This will be beneficial to your business in the following ways:
- Growing your reach. Through LinkedIn, you will be able to build a great supplier base and customer base. That way, you will be able to create your brand awareness and reach your customers through advanced searches.
- Reaching top talent. LinkedIn is the preferred platform for top talent in search of employment opportunities. Thus, businesses can reach recruiters and potential employees, who are going to help them grow to a great extent.
- Promoting the business. The LinkedIn company page has several features that make it possible to reach target audiences. Through the page, you can nurture leads, promote your core values, and improve visibility for job opportunities in your business.
- Improving traffic to your website. LinkedIn is certainly one of the best ways of delivering traffic to your website or landing pages. That is as long as your content remains shareable and engaging.
- Educating and nurturing potential clients. Through LinkedIn, it is possible to educate potential clients. You can inform them about your products and services using leadership articles. Potential customers will also be able to better engage with you.
- Improving your brand credibility. LinkedIn is the best platform for rich content that shows people your area of expertise. If you are consistent with that, people will begin to see you as a thought leader in the industry. This will make people see your brand as being more credible.
Follow Us On
Social Media for Exclusive Content
>> BENEFITS OF HAVING AN GENCY MANAGE YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA<<
Having looked at the importance of having your business on the various social media platforms, it is time to look at whether you need to hire a social media agency. Can an agency help you to grow your business? Absolutely. Let it be We Consult, you’ll be informed every step of the way.
With the growing importance of a social media presence for businesses, the answer to that question is in the affirmative. With a social media agency working for you, you will minimize the amount of time taken on these platforms. Also, you will remain active on all of the key social media platforms without neglecting any of them. The following are the major benefits of having an agency manage your social media platforms.
The fast-evolving world of social media needs someone with the right expertise to follow up on daily platform changes, optimization strategies, and management tools. This is something that you or your team may find difficult to do. Social media agencies have the expertise to stay on top of upcoming changes and best practices for the benefit of your business.
Working with a social media management agency ensures that you present your brand in multiple numbers of ways. The agency will maintain high levels of dedication and provide services on a 24/7 basis. It will also monitor your brand and respond to customer comments almost continuously. With that, you will be able to avoid losing opportunities to make your brand continuously visible.
Benefiting From Outside Thinking
When you have an outside social media agency working for you, the business will benefit from out-of-the-box insights. This is not possible when everything is being done by a team inside the business. The agency will provide you with solutions based on their experience with the rest of their clients. In the process, you will be able to learn about and take advantage of opportunities you would otherwise have missed out on.
Don’t be deceived. Hiring a social media management agency might be costly in the short-term but it can help the business to save a lot of money. For once, you will avoid having to hire dedicated staff to help you manage your social media platforms. The agency will be able to help you to build audiences, select channels, optimized content, and create ads and branding at a lower cost.
Benefiting From Experience
Given the many tools that can be used to manage and monitor social media activities on a day-to-day basis, knowing the ones to use is extremely hard. As such, a social media agency will help you with customer engagement management and to come up with the best possible tools to help grow your business. Also, the agency will be able to apply the experience they have working with similar or different businesses. This is something that cannot be said about an internal team to manage your social media platforms.
Conclusion: Is it all worth it?
With the growing importance of social media marketing, you just cannot run away from it. Through it, you will be able to reach the millions of people that use the various social media sites on any single day. It is important that you put your business on all of the major social media platforms to gain from the advantages that each one of them has to offer. However, you don’t have to manage your social media platforms on your own. Working with a social media management agency is the best way to go.
>> how can we help you?
When you choose We Consult, you can be assured that you’re in good hands. We consider every facet of your brand to create the ideal marketing strategy to suit your needs. Not only that. We also take into account the type of audience you’re trying to reach. One solution will not resonate with every individual across the globe. However, having targeted solutions means we will help you get to those that need you the most with ease.
We’ve got a team of friendly and qualified staff to help you with your marketing needs, whatever they may be. Therefore, whether you’re new to this or you have an idea of the outcome you’re looking for, we guarantee you’ll get to your expected results with ease. That will be regardless of the budget you have on hand. Our marketing solutions cater to every company level, be they startups or well-established organizations within their different fields. Get in touch to set an appointment that will get you started on the ideal marketing strategy for you.